Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a nice day for a...

I've been to two weddings in the past two weeks. I honestly can't say which one I liked better.

I mean, they both had open bars and no one to really hit on so I guess that makes them about even. However I have come up with an list of pros!

Wedding 1 pros: I know more people, busted out with my sweet break dance skillz (with a z), the cake is this carrot/pumpkin/walnut thing and it's great.

Wedding 2 pros: I hang out with an old buddy of mine and get to hear about his life, the food and ceremony are classy and much better than in wedding 1 (this includes the quality of the open bar), I duck out early before the awkward father-daughter song.

So, both have their upsides but neither of them will hold a candle to my best friend's ceremony next spring, which reminds me that I need to go get some measurements made. I'll be a groomsman for the wedding party. And it's going to be one hell of a party. Also, bridesmaids. Judging from how hot his fiancee is? She's got to have some smoking hot friends (and probably one token fat one, but I'm pushing one of my fellow groomsmen on the grenade).

So what's been up with me? I'm supposed to go check out Paranormal Activity 2 this week even though I've never seen the original. To be honest I just don't really go for horror movies unless they involve alien monsters or zombies. If your movie monster is a soaked little girl that screeches a lot and crawls on the ceiling then yeah, I'm creeped out for a bit, but come on... I could totally take that ghost girl out with a swift kick to the face. I'm tall. I wouldn't even have to lift my leg that high. Now an acid bleeding swarm of intelligent nearly-silent alien monsters?

Shit has officially gotten real.

Heck, even something as ridiculous as a half-shark, half-octopus is more threatening than Little Orphan Drowned Annie. I just wish they'd take the monster movie formula back to the drawing board. Movie monsters work the best when they aren't seen for a while (like in Alien or Tremors) as they murder the crap out of people. Then when you do see them you don't get some piece of crap reveal like Cloverfield, you get something that makes you jump but isn't necessarily a pop-out-of-the-closet moment. Signs actually did this pretty well. It's too bad it doesn't make up for the rest of the movie (spoiler: water is their secret weakness, because all aliens are apparently the fucking Wicked Witch of the West).

Let's see, what else did I want to talk about?

I think I got my movie/tv talk for the day out so I won't go on length about all that right now.

Oh yeah, I'm trying this workout thing so if you find a guy that's in decent shape passed out in a field in the middle of your neighborhood it'd be cool if you'd give me some water or something. Also thanks for reading and I'm sorry about all the swearing. I write in stream of consciousness mostly and don't really edit myself so... Yeah.

On a side note, I don't think I'm afraid of spiders anymore. Big ones still freak me out, but anything wolf spider size or smaller (not really necessary to link to the spiders, but what the hell right?) doesn't freak me out. Sometimes I won't even kill them unless they're in my car or house. Probably wouldn't kill a tarantula, but that's mostly because of the mess. Heck, sometimes I'm too lazy to find a tissue and if that spider is on a big enough surface?

I punch that motherfucker. That's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment